Copyright Dr. Elizabeth Garner, September 2, 2014, All Rights Reserved
WHAT’S GOING ON?
Most of these panes in the magic square are Jewish in meaning, and also in keeping with what else we have found that refers to the sea, sailors, mariners and Jewish themes. Notice how these two numerals are constructed like other numerals in the magic square. What we start to see here is a pattern of repetition of symbols and we have to ask ourselves why Duerer would use up precious message giving compositional space to be repeating the same message?
Duerer was an expert in making numbers and letters, he wrote a manual in 1525 on how to do this, so why the difference?
The following are pointed to by the arrows:
1. The yellow arrow points to a column with a face and some messaging occurring at the the mid-point of the “1”
2. The upper red arrow points to another seashores that we’ve seen before. The lower red arrow is once again pointing to what appears to be a nautical cotter or lynchpin, as we’ve discussed before.
3. The lime green arrows point to a Jewish 6 pointed star
4. The peach arrow above it points to some figure that is either on horseback or is doing something with a sea animal, because we see the fin of the sea animal at the right side
5. The blue arrow points to what appears to be reclining lion, on top of the sea slug again.
6. The turquoise arrow is pointing to the bottom of the “1” with a number of strange things going on. The “1” appears to sit once again on a nautical cotter or lynchpin and another one continues in the same plane above the bottom of the “1.” There appears to be number of strange numerical encoding at both ends of the “1.”
More to come!